Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Krzysztof Kowalczykiewicz <kr...@cs.put.poznan.pl> on 2002/02/11 12:49:15 UTC

Index corrupted / no file removal

Hi,

I'm working on latest CVS version of Xindice (on Win2000). I have similar
problems with "Index corrupted" and I figured out the sequence to reproduce
it:

1. create a collection (xindiceadmin ac -c /db -n abc)
2. remove it (xindiceadmin dc -c /db -n abc)
3. files are NOT removed from db directory
4. recreate the collection (xindiceadmin ac -c /db -n abc)
5. try to add document to collection (xindice ad -c /db/abc -f address1.xml)

RESULT=ERROR : Index Corrupted

The problem is I think with removing collection files from disk as manual
removal after step 2 allows successful execution.

I was tracking file removal bug and it looks like Collection.drop method
doesn't check result for filer.drop (which is sometimes false). It seems
some other object uses filer file.

Thanks in advance