Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ian McDonnell <ia...@spinnerscity.com> on 2004/09/16 23:39:31 UTC

FAO Otis Gospodnetic

Was there any more articles liek this written. I found them extremely useful for getting an in depth understanding of how Lucenes indexing system worked. Is there a corresponding set for Lucenes search functionality.

The recommendations from other Lucene users were useful, but didn't go to the same detail as these 2 articles(which is what i'm looking for!)

Does anybody know of any other docs that go into detail on the functionality of Lucenes search?

Thx for the advice peeps.

ian :)
--- Daniel Ménard <Da...@Bdsp.tm.fr> wrote:
I also found these two articles

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/01/15/lucene.html
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/03/05/lucene.html

from  Otis Gospodnetic very usefull for me.

DM
Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Ian,

There are links to a few more articles on Lucene Wiki pages.  They
don't go into a lot of detail, as far as I know, and mostly deal with
the basic search functionality.  However, a book about Lucene is going
to be published soon, and it will have a lot of detailed information
about search and a lot of useful code.

Otis