Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sherebiah Tishbi <sh...@desmaindia.com> on 2003/11/09 07:05:01 UTC

[users@httpd] How can I put my webpages

BlankDear Friends

I am new to Apache. Please let me know how can I publich my website to the
apache server. I have installed apache on my PC on Win 98. I have web pages
ready and wants to access it from anywhere in our small intranet. Does
apache supports VBScript because much of my coding will remain in VBScript.

Waiting for your reply.
Sherebiah Tishbi
Klockner DESMA Machinery Pvt. Ltd.
Plot 5120, Phase IV, Nr. Ramol Cross Road,
Vatva GIDC, Ahmedabad - 382445
Phone : +91-79-5840200
Fax : +91-79-5840384
Email : sherebiah@desmaindia.com

Re: [users@httpd] How can I put my webpages

Posted by Mark McCulligh <mm...@visualtech.ca>.
BlankWhen you say VBScript do you mean client-side VBScript. If you have client-side VBScript your code will be run by the users browser not Apache, so yes it will work. Of course the user's browser will have to be IE, not something like Netscape.

If when you say VBScript you mean ASP, server-side VBScript, then no Apache will not run it. Unless you install some type of Application server for ASP that will work with Apache. Example: Java System Active Server Pages from Sun (formerly ChiliSoft). Cost about $500 US, but it work well if you have ASP pages you don't want to run on a Windows platform or with IIS.

Mark.