Posted to easyant-dev@incubator.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2011/07/27 15:52:58 UTC

Clean up of some IP issues

We are missing some IP clearance of one of the original committer of Easyant, so we must clean up the code.
Then find attached the 3 files about the commits gathered on easyant initial svn:
* revs.txt.gz contains every commit revision involved.
* diff.txt.gz contains every diff of thoses revision.
* blame.txt.gz contains every line of every svn annotate of the missing IP (the sort of different view of the previous file).

Re: Clean up of some IP issues

Posted by Jean-Louis Boudart <je...@gmail.com>.
Note : when i used "remove" word i mean remove it from SVN and rewrite it
from scratch differrently.

Re: Clean up of some IP issues

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 28 juil. 2011 à 13:38, Jean-Louis Boudart a écrit :

>> - remove the xooki plugin
>>
> As far as i know those change only affect the generation of menu entry
> (through menu generator)  so removing his commit can make sense but not the
> whole plugin

You're right. No need to remove the entire plugin, just the few line which has been wrote.

>> - idem for the antunit, coverage, cobertura, emma plugins
>>
> +1 to rewrite / rethink thoses plugins
> Did you voluntary forgot the "package-test-jar" plugin ? It's a really
> simple plugin making a jar of test classes (not sure there's lot of IP
> there)

hum, interesting. I didn't see this with the list of commits. There is no commit with IP issue on package-test-jar, but package-test-jar has Ip issues because it has been copied from package-jar, indicated by the svn blames.
As soon as we agree on how to clean up package-jar, we could do the same with package-test-jar I think.

>> About the third, if anybody have to time to see the commits, he is welcomed
>> to help decide what we can do about it. See the diff-to-decide.txt
>>
> Here are my comments based on your diff-to-decide :
> r517 : factorize  a set of <fileset> to create easyant distribution => not
> sure we can't get rid of this
> In the  same commit modification on shell scripts doesn't seems to be
> related => could be reverted
> r492 : his a workaround for a strange bug when ant locates ANT_HOME =>
> should be kept
> r491: nothing to do it was for debug the commit has been already reverted =>
> nothing to do
> r490: seems like experimentation things related to ANT_HOME (the real fix is
> r492) => can be reverted
> r489: invokes explicitly the generation of plugin documentation => can be
> reverted
> r487:  fixes unit test and performance improvement of module resolution and
> repository report => not sure we can remove this
> r485: huge enhancement on JarResolver's implementation (repository in a jar)
> => not sure we can remove this
> r485: jarresolver enhancement + repository resolver enhancement => not sure
> we can remove this
> r428: i think most of the code here doesn't exist now has it has been
> migrated in a separated plugin (package-test-jar) => nothing to do
> r427: enhancement on Import task, it was supposed to make or test easier =>
> can be reverted also related
> rest of the commit impacts antunit / test-utils => can be removed
> r270: seems a short patch on submodule, it has been refactored a lot => i
> would say nothing to do :)
> r239: almost all the documentation of multimodule => ???
> r232: tiny changes on build-tools v0.1 plugin (multi module) this plugin is
> now deprecated => can be removed from SVN
> r207,205: css changes + introduces two new documentation pages
> -buildtypes.html and plugins.html => ???

I'll proceed your comments later.

cheers,
Nicolas

Re: Clean up of some IP issues

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 28 juil. 2011 à 13:38, Jean-Louis Boudart a écrit :

>> About the third, if anybody have to time to see the commits, he is welcomed
>> to help decide what we can do about it. See the diff-to-decide.txt
>>
> Here are my comments based on your diff-to-decide :
> r517 : factorize  a set of <fileset> to create easyant distribution => not
> sure we can't get rid of this

finally it seems to be just some fileset moves, doesn't seems to have much IP. Added to diff-to-keep-2.txt

> In the  same commit modification on shell scripts doesn't seems to be
> related => could be reverted

added to diff-to-revert-2.txt

> r492 : his a workaround for a strange bug when ant locates ANT_HOME =>
> should be kept

I've added it to a diff-to-keep-2.txt

> r491: nothing to do it was for debug the commit has been already reverted =>
> nothing to do

I've checked, you're right. Already reverted.

> r490: seems like experimentation things related to ANT_HOME (the real fix is
> r492) => can be reverted

added to diff-to-revert-2.txt

> r489: invokes explicitly the generation of plugin documentation => can be
> reverted

added to diff-to-revert-2.txt

> r487:  fixes unit test and performance improvement of module resolution and
> repository report => not sure we can remove this

if it's just performance improvement, it's not critical to remove it, right ? We could improve the performance later

> r485: huge enhancement on JarResolver's implementation (repository in a jar)
> => not sure we can remove this
> r485: jarresolver enhancement + repository resolver enhancement => not sure
> we can remove this

can we imagine we get rid of the jar resolver and implement a zip resolver ?

> r428: i think most of the code here doesn't exist now has it has been
> migrated in a separated plugin (package-test-jar) => nothing to do

well, some code has been moved, but the IP is still there.
Maybe we can get rid of the existing package-test-jar and reimplement it ?

> r427: enhancement on Import task, it was supposed to make or test easier =>
> can be reverted also related
> rest of the commit impacts antunit / test-utils => can be removed

added to diff-to-revert-2.txt

> r270: seems a short patch on submodule, it has been refactored a lot => i
> would say nothing to do :)

you're right, I cannot find the code in the trunk

> r239: almost all the documentation of multimodule => ???
> r232: tiny changes on build-tools v0.1 plugin (multi module) this plugin is
> now deprecated => can be removed from SVN

ok let's get rid of it.

> r207,205: css changes + introduces two new documentation pages
> -buildtypes.html and plugins.html => ???

I don't know what to do about docs

thanks for your help.

Nicolas

Re: Clean up of some IP issues