Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2008/10/09 01:19:44 UTC

[Result] [Vote] accept Droids into incubation

The vote to accept Droids into the Apache incubator had been successful.

There have been around 21 positive votes and not other.

Can the PMC ACK this result and we'll start the next step of the
process?

Regarding the svn move ATM there are two trees under development
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/trunk
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/branch/LABS-144/

Where the latest has become kind of trunk. We can merge them if this
will ease the work of migrating.

salu2

Re: [Result] [Vote] accept Droids into incubation

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 12:01 -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2008, at 7:59 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 09:00 -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> >> I presume this is passed.  I suppose we need to setup mailing lists,
> >> JIRA, etc. right?  Since we are transferring from labs, is there
> >> anyway to import the issues from there?
> >
> > Yeah that would be awesome.
> >
> > Have you seen the latest threads on labs about the move?
>
> Any thread in particular?

The move thread, here what we need to do:

(side-note: the following step 1 needs to be done from
someone that has write access to the incubator rep)

# step 1: move project from labs to incubator
svn mv https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids \
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator

# step 2: create old home again
svn add https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids

# step 3: re-add descriptor
svn cp https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/droids/doap.rdf \
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/

# step 4: change status in doap.rdf
vi https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/doap.rdf

After this the project trees are in incubator and in labs remains a
folder with the descriptor.

Regarding the issues I am not an expert in jira administration but maybe
somebody else can help out.

Next thing is move svn, move issues and setup the mailing lists.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.