Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by bord <bo...@iscp.telcordia.com> on 2010/09/07 17:45:21 UTC

java2ws ERROR unable to find cxf-manifest.jar

hi,
hopefully simple for someone.
Several months ago i had no problems with CXF tools using CXF 2.2.6.
Today i downloaded CXF 2.2.10 and cannot get tools such as java2ws to work.
am seeing:

ERROR: Unable to find cxf-manifest.jar in
/common/bord/java/cxf/apache-cxf-2.2.1
0/bin/../lib

i dont see the cxf-manifest.jar anywhere in the downloaded tar.gz file. So I
am confused as to what to do.
thanks for suggestions.
(note -- i searched the forum history to no avail on this presumably basic
problem.)

bord

Re: java2ws ERROR unable to find cxf-manifest.jar

Posted by holger <h....@freenet.de>.
I had the same problem with every source distribution. You have to download
the binary distribution. In my case that made the difference.

Re: java2ws ERROR unable to find cxf-manifest.jar

Posted by bord <bo...@iscp.telcordia.com>.
i re-downloaded the tar.gz and now it would appear to be fine as someone
noticed.
so, i'll have to assume that my original download was subtly damaged, just
enough to allow me to extract most jars but not the manifest.jar.

thanks

Re: java2ws ERROR unable to find cxf-manifest.jar

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 07 September 2010 12:04:34 pm bord wrote:
> i seemed to have worked around my problem by re-downloading the .zip file
> instead of the .tar.gz.
> surprisingly the cxf-manifest.jar is part of the .zip file where it was not
> in the .tar.gz.
> So i can get the tools to work now.

Strange.  I just downloaded the apache-cxf-2.2.10.tar.gz from our download
page and it definitely has the cxf-manifest.jar in it:

dkulp@dilbert /tmp/apache-cxf-2.2.10/lib $ ls -lrt cxf-m*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 dkulp users 11308 Aug 12 23:04 cxf-manifest.jar

Not sure why it's marked executable, but it's definitely there and readable.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: java2ws ERROR unable to find cxf-manifest.jar