Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Nikhil G. Daddikar" <ng...@celoxis.com> on 2002/04/08 07:09:06 UTC

Own implementation of User, but want to use TurbineSecurity

Folks,

I need to have my own implementation of User. I looked at the source
code and found that the security service is already decoupled from the
User system, so all that needs to be done is to implement User and
UserManager.

However there is one more thing. We don't use Torque and hence no
Base/Peer combos for User. However Security says (according to
configuration file and documentation)  that I have to implement the
UserPeer (in om.security.peer)  interface. But I looked at the source
code and UserPeer is not used at all.

Am I missing something here?
Is it possible to use Security Service if  my user implementation
doesn't use torque?

Also any real life experiences in this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!
-ngd

Re: Own implementation of User, but want to use TurbineSecurity

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 02:09, Nikhil G. Daddikar wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I need to have my own implementation of User. I looked at the source
> code and found that the security service is already decoupled from the
> User system, so all that needs to be done is to implement User and
> UserManager.

Nice ahh !

> However there is one more thing. We don't use Torque and hence no
> Base/Peer combos for User. However Security says (according to
> configuration file and documentation)  that I have to implement the
> UserPeer (in om.security.peer)  interface. But I looked at the source
> code and UserPeer is not used at all.

are you sure ? use grep UserPeer * -r

> Am I missing something here?
> Is it possible to use Security Service if  my user implementation
> doesn't use torque?

Yes !

> Also any real life experiences in this will be greatly appreciated.

There are many aproaches, in general you have to implement User,
UserManager and UserPeer ( I think ) , change TurbineTables to reference
your USER_TABLE. I usually have a skeletal implementation for these
classes ( see Efective Java ISBN0201310058 ITEM 16 )

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
IT - Inter Business Tecnologia e Servicos (IB)