Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by activemqer <ab...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/11 00:01:43 UTC

producer is stuck while a consumer is processing a message

I have a single consumer registered with a queue and a single producer
posting messages onto the same queue. I noticed that if a consumer taking
rather a long time to process one message, the producer is stuck waiting
untill the onMessage method returns.

If the onMessage takes long enough time to return, the producer times out.
Some "protocol negotiation" exception occurs.

I don't know if this is expected behavior or some bug in the current version
of the broker. It could be some configuration I'm missing. Any help would be
appreciated.

ActiveMQ 4.1
Spring 2.0
JBoss 4.0.5

Re: producer is stuck while a consumer is processing a message

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.
Could you provide a junit test case to reproduce the issue. I dont seem
to be having that same issue in my testing.

Regards,
Jonas

Posted by activemqer <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.