Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/03/07 06:12:36 UTC

[betwixt] UML Diagrams

Hi,

I'm just playing with betwixt, here are some UML diagrams I generated
while taking a peek.

http://www.apache.org/~jvanzyl/betwixt/

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: [betwixt] UML Diagrams

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
Hi,
I think idea in XDoclet is very good, UML can be generated in the same way
and without
custom tags ( Javadoc used to parse source code for code generation). And I
think
documentation in PDF or any "Printer Friendly" format can be useful.

Re: [betwixt] UML Diagrams

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 19:07, James Strachan wrote:
> From: "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com>
> > I'm just playing with betwixt, here are some UML diagrams I generated
> > while taking a peek.
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/~jvanzyl/betwixt/
>
> Way cool, thanks Jason.
>
> BTW for some time I've wanted an (open source) Ant task that autogenerates
> UML diagrams as part of the build along with the javadoc. Has anyone seen
> anything like that around? I guess you used Together/J to make these?

Yup. I definitely want one for Maven. You could probably generate XMI
from source/bytecode analysis, and there is jgraph (www.jgraph.org) and
GVF (gvf.sourceforge.net) so you could produce graphs. What's very
difficult is the layout. I know GVF has some stuff, have only started
looking at jgraph. I want to make visual displays of the dependency
graphs for projects.

> James

jvz.

Jason van Zyl