Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Artin Modaresi <ar...@cypoint.se> on 2003/10/09 12:12:04 UTC

Getting exception running examples

Hi,

I wanted to install a war file from cfdev activedit when I noticed most of
their jsp files doesnt work on my tomcat. I have a tomacat 5.0.7 haven't
used it so much, I then tried to run the examples see if they work, well
most of them do, so it can compile jsp at least but, one doesnt and gives me
same error. It is the jsp configuration example. The exception I get is:

javax.servlet.ServletException
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspUtil.makeJavaPackage(JspUtil.java:948)
	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getDerivedPackageName(JspCompilation
Context.java:403)
	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getServletPackageName(JspCompilation
Context.java:393)
	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createOutputDir(JspCompilationContex
t.java:605)
	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getOutputDir(JspCompilationContext.j
ava:227)
	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getClassFileName(JspCompilationConte
xt.java:475)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:514)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:484)
	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:5
53)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
00)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:293)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

So I thought easiet way is to search this archive or/and ask you guys. Have
you seen this before? what is it?

thanks

artin