Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com> on 2022/06/01 00:08:28 UTC

Re: Jira -> GitHub Issues Migration (This Friday)

Thanks Danny, it's great to see this happening!

A couple of questions:
- Is there something we can do to remind people creating a jira that they
should create a bug instead (e.g. a template)? If not I suppose we can just
re-run the migration tool a few times up until jira creation is disabled to
make sure everything is captured.
- Will your migration tooling comment on the original jira with a link to
the new issue in GitHub?

Brian

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.
+1 for enforcing an issue link. I appreciated always having PRs annotated
with a jira (or "Minor:"), and anecdotally that seems to be less thorough
now with GitHub Issues.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Danny McCormick <da...@google.com>.

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danny McCormick <da...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Sachin Agarwal <sa...@google.com>.

Posted by Danny McCormick <da...@google.com>.

Posted by Danny McCormick <da...@google.com>.
Hey Hector, the Jira type should be imported as a label (for example this
issue has the improvement label -
https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/18041). With that said, there were
permissions issues that caused problems with the labels on the first few
issues - that's since been sorted out and all of those issues will be
closed/recreated (thanks @Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com> for volunteering
to take over running the migration tool to avoid those issues).

If you're seeing problems on issue number 17957 or higher, could you please
link to the issue in question (they share pr numbering thus the high start
point)?

Thanks,
Danny

Posted by Hector Miuler Malpica Gallegos <mi...@gmail.com>.