Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/03 09:28:29 UTC

Re: I think - Remove Microsoft from Installer Pages

On 3 March 2008 at 2:18, "Johnny Kewl" <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za> wrote:

> I think it all really comes down to finding a GCC compiler that likes
> windows and can interface with
> an decent IDE... the MS dudes will be happy.
> Havnt quite given up yet... for me getting the code to the developer is
> going to be much easier than
> trying to get the devloper onto linux.... so I'm trying.

You might want to take a look at www.mingw.org - this is a compiler (and
complete toolchain) based on gcc that compiles against native windows
apis (rather than against cygwin dlls).

-Mark.

Re: [build][windows] Re: I think - Remove Microsoft from Installer Pages

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Also worth looking at the environment that Dims used to compile on
Windows, using the no-cost MS compiler and tools,

- Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft Macro Assembler 8.0 (MASM) Package (x86)

See [1].  Not sure if he wrote a wiki page / whatever with the final
outcome.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/o4dwghamsbjq46ey

Regards,
Tim