Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Penaskovic <DP...@silver-peak.com> on 2005/12/22 00:33:07 UTC

How to set an SSL socket connect timeout value?

I am using JDK 1.4.2 and axis-1.3.*

I can't figure out how to set the timeout value for an initial SSL
socket connect. The default varies from platform to platform and I would
like to set this value explicitly.

For http connections, I am successfully able to set this axis property:

    axis.client.connect.timeout

and the org.apache.axis.components.net.DefaultSocketFactory
does create a socket with an initial connect timeout as specified.

But for https connections, the JSSESocketFactory class does not do this.
Any ideas on how to set the socket connect timeout for SSL connections?

Re: How to set an SSL socket connect timeout value?

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
David Penaskovic <DPenaskovic <at> silver-peak.com> writes:

> I can't figure out how to set the timeout value for an initial SSL
> socket connect. The default varies from platform to platform and I would
> like to set this value explicitly.

Have you tried:

  call.setTimeout(timeout);