Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2018/01/30 10:09:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release JMeter 4.0 RC4

Hello,

The fourth release candidate for JMeter 4.0 (r1822613) has been
prepared, and your votes are solicited.

This release brings a new default theme (Dracula), new features and
improvements, and also fixes bugs.

Please, test this release candidate (with load tests and/or functional
tests) using Java 8 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS, especially on the changes.
The feedback are welcome.

You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-4.0RC4/docs/changes.html

JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at
Java 8+.

Download - Archives/hashes/sigs:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v4.0_RC4/
(dist revision r24544)

RAT report:

http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-4.0RC4/dist/rat-report-jmeter-4.0RC4.txt

MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:

6b9bf6a7bb79f2fb4b4cc3b3bf1b7bfa *apache-jmeter-4.0.tgz
3af7fab098b914be0f6f3a0e35ebf231 *apache-jmeter-4.0.zip
adfabe1fa1ec91724abb9398c2218f92 *apache-jmeter-4.0_src.tgz
8c0e150ad23908daf0ca61312b5baece *apache-jmeter-4.0_src.zip

Site Docs are here:
http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-4.0RC4/docs/

Maven staging repository is accessible here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-1026/org/apache/jmeter/

Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v4_0_RC4/

Keys are here:
https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS

N.B.
To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"

To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".

JMeter 4.0 requires Java 8 or later to run.

Some known issues and incompatible changes are listed on changes page.
http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-4.0RC4/docs/changes.html#Known%20problems%20and%20workarounds

All feedback and vote are welcome.

[  ] +1  I support this release
[  ] +0  I am OK with this release
[  ] -0   OK, but....
[  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

The PMC members please indicate the mention "(binding)" with your vote.

Note: If the vote passes, the intention is to release the archive files
and rename the RC tag as the release tag.

Thanks in advance!

Milamber

*Note:* the RC1, RC2 and RC3 were not submit for vote due an issue in
release process when the maven artefacts are upload to nexus. For this
RC4, the automatic maven upload inside build.xml was replaced by a
semi-automatic upload with the maven-gpg-plugin.

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 4.0 RC4

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
> On Tuesday, January 30, 2018, Felix Schumacher <
> felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 30.01.2018 um 13:30 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Thanks to RM.
>>>
>>> I notice at least 2 problems:
>>>
>>>      - create-rmi-keystore.bat was not embedded in bundle (.tar.gz for
>>>      example). the sh version is embedded
>>>      - jmeter.sh fails to find java:
>>>
>>> $ java -version
>>> java version "9"
>>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9+181)
>>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode)
>>> $ ./jmeter.sh
>>> Not able to find Java executable or version. Please check your Java
>>> installation.
>>>
>>> If I set JAVA_HOME it works.
>>>
>> That is strange, as JAVA_HOME is not used in jmeter.sh.
>>
>>> jmeter works fine.
>>>
>> Yeah :)
> Maybe because my path uses it.
>

>>>      - We discussed about making jmeter.sh delegate to jmeter, I think we
>>>      should do it now.
>>>
>> jmeter.sh uses JVM_ARGS as the only argument for the jvm, if we delegate
>> to jmeter.sh the jvm will get a lot of arguments added to JVM_ARGS.
>>
>> Should we ignore this, or should we add some logic to the jmeter script,
>> that enables some equivalent to JVM_ARGS (e.g. JMETER_FULL_ARGS), that
>> would get set in jmeter.sh and used in jmeter instead of all other args?
>
> I would go for dropping it, but since it may break some builds, sebb didn’t
> want in a previous discussion.
> So if you have an idea to make it better than now , go ahead Felix, I am
> 100% ok, no strong opinion I never use it.
Done. Would be nice, if you would test it again.

Felix

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 4.0 RC4

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
> Hello,
> Thanks to RM.
>
> I notice at least 2 problems:
>
>     - create-rmi-keystore.bat was not embedded in bundle (.tar.gz for
>     example). the sh version is embedded
>     - jmeter.sh fails to find java:
>
> $ java -version
> java version "9"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9+181)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode)
> $ ./jmeter.sh
> Not able to find Java executable or version. Please check your Java
> installation.
>
> If I set JAVA_HOME it works.
That is strange, as JAVA_HOME is not used in jmeter.sh.

> jmeter works fine.
Yeah :)

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
So -1 for me

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 4.0 RC4

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
I am also ready

On Friday, February 2, 2018, Felix Schumacher <

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 4.0 RC4