Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Андрей Парамонов <pa...@acdlabs.ru> on 2018/08/27 15:26:51 UTC

Message headers when talking to ActiveMQ?

Hello!

I'm trying to use Qpid Proton Python bindings to talk to ActiveMQ
message broker. So far sending simple text messages worked fine, however
proton.Message class doesn't seem to present any way to set custom
message headers. For example, when using STOMP protocol, I can specify
"correlation-id", "transformation", and any additional "x-*" headers,
which are recognized by ActiveMQ broker. Is it possible to specify the
headers for AMQP messages sent via Qpid Proton?

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov

Re: Message headers when talking to ActiveMQ?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 27/08/18 16:26, Андрей Парамонов wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to use Qpid Proton Python bindings to talk to ActiveMQ
> message broker. So far sending simple text messages worked fine, however
> proton.Message class doesn't seem to present any way to set custom
> message headers. For example, when using STOMP protocol, I can specify
> "correlation-id", "transformation", and any additional "x-*" headers,
> which are recognized by ActiveMQ broker. Is it possible to specify the
> headers for AMQP messages sent via Qpid Proton?

Yes. There are some standard properties and an application can also set
custom properties. See:

https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.24.0/proton/python/api/proton._message.Message-class.html