Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2002/01/19 08:23:04 UTC

perl-framework: Lower-grade ciphers and mod_ssl port broken

Failed Test     Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------ssl/varlookup.t 72    3   4.17%  34, 36-37

34, 36, and 37 are related to the ciphers in use.  It seems my ciphers
are different than expected.

# testing : SSL_CIPHER
# expected: 'EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA'
# received: 'IDEA-CBC-SHA'
not ok 34

# testing : SSL_CIPHER_ALGKEYSIZE
# expected: '168'
# received: '128'
not ok 36

# testing : SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE
# expected: '168'
# received: '128'
not ok 37

Also, port configuration of mod_ssl vhost is broken.  I had to hack
the config files (ssl/ssl.conf.in and apache_test_config.pm) to
configure the mod_ssl server and get perl-framework to recognize
it.  -- justin

Re: perl-framework: Lower-grade ciphers and mod_ssl port broken

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 11:16:24AM -0800, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> working fine here.  did you get errors or was it just ignored?
> is mod_ssl built static or shared?  if shared, what file does the
> LoadModule ssl_module live in?

I got syntax errors from:

<VirtualHost @ssl_module_name@>

in ssl.conf.in.  This would be mod_ssl in ssl.conf, I presume.  The
apache_test_config.pm didn't have a mod_ssl host entry either (like
it does for mod_headers, etc.)

FWIW, my mod_ssl is shared and the httpd.conf has the following line:

LoadModule ssl_module "/pkg/apache-2.0-cvs/modules/mod_ssl.so"

HTH.  -- justin

Re: perl-framework: Lower-grade ciphers and mod_ssl port broken

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Failed Test     Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------ssl/varlookup.t 72    3   4.17%  34, 36-37
>
> 34, 36, and 37 are related to the ciphers in use.  It seems my ciphers
> are different than expected.
>
> # testing : SSL_CIPHER
> # expected: 'EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA'
> # received: 'IDEA-CBC-SHA'