Posted to builds@apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2012/05/25 14:16:20 UTC

Eclipse installed on ubuntu machine

Hi guys,

First, is there any Eclipse SDK installed on the ubuntu machines ?
And what about some Eclipse plugins like WTP or EMF ?

If not, any objection to have on every ubuntu machine some Eclipse SDK and plugins installed ? It will be helpful for the IvyDE project [1][2]. It is basically about 300M of files somewhere on the filesystem.

Currently in the build of IvyDE, it automatically download stuff from download.eclipse.org, unzip it and works with it. But it takes a lot of time where the workspace has been wiped out. And sometimes the zip downloaded is corrupted. It would be nice it all of these zip could be downloaded once and for all.

If there no particular objection, I'll provide a build.xml (my bash scripting skills is too poor, it could it useful for other environment, and I have it mostly already written) which will download and unzip all of what the IvyDE build need, if that works with you.

Nicolas

[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/
[2] https://builds.apache.org/job/IvyDE