Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Dominic Bishop <do...@bishnet.net> on 2008/02/09 21:35:38 UTC

Custom SubBuildListener

I am writing my own SubBuildListener for a project and one of the things I
need to do is extract the Task instance from the BuildEvent.

I am using BuildEvent.getTask() within the taskFinished() method but all I
get back is an instance of UnknownElement. I've tried using
getTask()/getRealThing() on this instance but in both cases I get null
returned.

I searched the archives and found
http://marc.info/?l=ant-user&m=108324404604680&w=2 referencing a similar
issue with the taskStarted() call and looking at the source for
Task.perform() the reasoning given makes perfect sense. However I cannot
easily see from looking at the source why I get the same from within
taskFinished(), unless the action of executing the task somehow
un-configures it again?

I've just tried the workaround given in that e-mail and it does allow me to
get a proper task instance back but I'm wary of the mention of bad things
happening when doing this.

Anyone able to explain why I can't get the task instance from taskFinished()
or any alternative workarounds I could employ?

I should note I'm using Ant 1.7.0

Regards,

Dominic Bishop