Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/03/06 06:26:46 UTC

Re: [release plugin] Suggestions for Release Plugin

Apologies for the late reply.

I think the key here is the perception of the dependency version. You
should actually declare what you need, not what you want :)

Basically, you shouldn't be upgrading to 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT on the core
release until such point as you actually want to use it from core. And
if you are using it from core, you can't release against it as it is a
SNAPSHOT.

Ideally, you could use versions to alleviate this: [1.0,) says you only
need 1.0, but if 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT is available you'll use it.

- Brett