Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Webster Homer <we...@sial.com> on 2017/06/02 16:08:45 UTC

Using Properties in /cdcr doesn't seem to work

In the documentation for Solr cdcr there is an example of a source
configuration that uses properties:
   <lst name="replica">
      <str name="zkHost">${TargetZk}</str>
      <str name="Source">${SourceCollection}</str>
      <str name="Target">${TargetCollection}</str>
    </lst>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=62687462#CrossDataCenterReplication(CDCR)-InitialStartup

I tried to configure cdcr for a collection to use properties. It always
failed. The only thing that seems to work is the literal strings for the
Target Zookeeper, source and target collection names.

I used the Solr Config API to create the properties, but it just didn't
work. It was a while back but I believe all it did was throw errors.

Is there some way to make this work? If not it should be removed from the
documentation

This seems like it would be a useful feature, especially since CDCR doesn't
support the use of aliases, SOLR-10679.

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: Using Properties in /cdcr doesn't seem to work

Posted by Webster Homer <we...@sial.com>.
It has been several months since I tried this.
I created the properties using the solr config API
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Config+API#ConfigAPI-CreatingandUpdatingUser-DefinedProperties

I created them as user defined properties. and then referenced them in the
cdcr request handler. I saw lots of errors, and the errors showed the
property, not a value so I don't think it made any attempt to substitute
the values I set.

I also use the config-api to create the /cdcr request handler itself, which
works fine.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.