Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Justin Cheong <ju...@yahoo.com> on 2011/03/13 10:38:25 UTC

Where to get the C# client source code?

Hi
I have downloaded the C# client which supports C++ broker ( qpid-dotnet-0-10-0.8.zip ). Can I know where to get the source code for the dll? In the zip file only contains all the required dlls.

I have gone through the mailing list and saw suggestion that we should use the C++ dotnet bindings instead. I intend to try both ways, hence I would like to have the source code for the C# client dll as well.

In response to Gordon Sim and Gregory Bayard..Hi guys I was not able to reply to the thread that I started because I didnt subscribe to the mailing list at the moment. Thanks for your advice guys, I manage to get it working by using Gordon suggestion. I periodically ( less than 4 minute interval ) send a message back to the Linux C++ broker and that solves the problem.
But I do not quite understand Gregory Bayard suggestion. Do I need the C# client source code to follow your suggestion?

Anyway I have done further testing and it reveals that the problem of auto-disconnection after 4 minutes will happen only if I use C# client with Linux C++ broker. The problem did not surface when I use a Windows C++ broker instead.

Re: Where to get the C# client source code?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/13/2011 09:38 AM, Justin Cheong wrote:
> Hi
> I have downloaded the C# client which supports C++ broker ( qpid-dotnet-0-10-0.8.zip ). Can I know where to get the source code for the dll? In the zip file only contains all the required dlls.
>
> I have gone through the mailing list and saw suggestion that we should use the C++ dotnet bindings instead. I intend to try both ways, hence I would like to have the source code for the C# client dll as well.

All releases are available from http://archive.apache.org/dist/qpid/,
the source for the dotnet clients can be found in the full prject source
distribution, e.g. http://archive.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.8/qpid-0.8.tar.gz

> In response to Gordon Sim and Gregory Bayard..Hi guys I was not able to reply to the thread that I started because I didnt subscribe to the mailing list at the moment. Thanks for your advice guys, I manage to get it working by using Gordon suggestion. I periodically ( less than 4 minute interval ) send a message back to the Linux C++ broker and that solves the problem.
> But I do not quite understand Gregory Bayard suggestion. Do I need the C# client source code to follow your suggestion?

Yes, you would need to patch the original source to change the client
side handling of ConnectionTune.

> Anyway I have done further testing and it reveals that the problem of auto-disconnection after 4 minutes will happen only if I use C# client with Linux C++ broker. The problem did not surface when I use a Windows C++ broker instead.

Strange, I can't think why the behaviour there would be different...

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Where to get the C# client source code?

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

You have a few options for getting sources:

1) You can get the sources directly from the apache.org repo
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk

On Windows I use TortoiseSVN. Then checkout the URL (above) of the repository,
Fully recursive, HEAD revision. This pulls about 64Mbytes of source.

2) The sources for various releases can be accessed from the wiki Qpid Release Page.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Release+Page

3) If you are interested in the .NET Binding to the Messaging Client take a look
at the up-coming 0.10 release Beta sources in
http://people.apache.org/~gsim/qpid-0.10-beta/
File qpid-0.10-beta.tar.gz has the source kit that is still very close to what you get from trunk svn, especially for the .NET Binding.

The sources for the .NET Binding DLL are in qpid\cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet\src. The code for that DLL are a bit of a curiosity in how it connects .NET managed environment to the C++ unmanaged code. I doubt that you could use that code as the basis for any kind of production system. You would do best either to use the binding and write your code in .NET as shown in the examples, or to code in native C++.

-Chuck