Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nox Rupawalla <NO...@virtelligence.com> on 2007/10/02 15:39:39 UTC

Contract Position in Minneapolis, MN

Hi Folks,

            Don't know if I am allow to plug jobs on this mailing list
or not but was told by a friend (who is on this mailing list I believe)
that there are some quality people on this mailing list who could help
me out.

I have a contract position open here in Minneapolis, MN. Looking for a
Subject Matter Expert on Maven

There is a major client of ours in Minneapolis (travel industry) who
develop and support numerous product/applications around the globe.
There have been several small instances across the board that have begun
implementing Maven on individual projects within the company. It has
been determined that they (the client) would like to move forward with a
full scale implementation of Maven.

The client will also look to implement Cruise Control (concurrently, or
subsequent to Maven) based on the assessment results. Ultimately the
initiative is to designed to standardize and automate our practices and
enable us to achieve a high quality, continuous build environment.

Scope:

Essentially, there are 5 areas of service that the client is looking
for-

Maven: Assessment, Training & Commercial Support

Cruise Control: Assessment & Training

Maven:

Assessment-

*Assess current practices and projects and recommend approach for
coordination and implementation

*We will need background from each vendor on their history and
experience with Maven, number of assessments/implementations they have
conducted, any use case, reference or marketing materials they have
regarding their success rate, approach, etc.

*Average time to complete assessment

Training-

*Developer and Operations Support resource training

Commercial Support-

*Packages offered

*Additional instances offered

*Real time support or online/email only?

*Support coverage

Cruise Control:

Assessment-

*Assess and recommend approach for coordination and implementation

*We will need background from each vendor on their history and
experience with Cruise Control, number of assessments/implementations
they have conducted, any use case, reference or marketing materials they
have regarding their success rate, approach, etc.

*Average time to complete assessment

Training-

*Operations Support resource training

In short, the client wants to implement maven and cruise control. Now,
they want to prioritize Maven implementation over Cruise control. Hence
they are looking for a Maven SME who has had previous experience
implementing Maven. If this resource has any solid Cruise Control
experience too, that's a plus but not required.

We expect this to be a 3 month long engagement. Again, this is an
estimation. Could be longer or could be shorter depending on how things
go.

The client would like to be presented with a hypothetical approach on
how the resource would ideally like to go about implementing maven on
their project.

If anyone has more questions or is interested, do email me or call me.

Thanks

Nox Rupawalla

nox

Nox Rupawalla,