Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Sam Taha <ta...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/15 13:53:21 UTC

Declining all offers

If I want decline ALL offers for say the next 5 minutes, is there an
effective way to do that without completely stopping the framework and
disconnecting from the master?

Write now I am just shutting down the driver and then starting new
driver/scheduler when new jobs are ready.

Thanks,
Sam Taha

http://www.grandlogic.com

Re: Declining all offers

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Sam Taha <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> decline offers from a slave for a set period of time, the
> Scheduler.requestResources() call will trigger the Mesos to start sending
> me offers as soon as it can and ignore the previous decline time period,
> correct?

Looking at the code it doesn't look like the requestResources() feature is
implemented in the master. It is currently a no-op on the master/allocator.
That said the Request protobuf does have an optional slaveId which can be
used to perhaps remove any filters on the slave. Mind filing a ticket?

Re: Declining all offers

Posted by Sam Taha <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Vinod. Yea it would be nice to have the feature to decline offers
from all slaves. I have scenarios in my app where the user can disable
system wide job scheduling/processing or there are cases where jobs are not
scheduled to run for extended periods of time during the day. Disconnecting
and reconnecting to the master are not ideal work around since I may have
long tail jobs running on slaves even though I have no interest in new
offers.

One related question, if I do decline offers from a slave for a set period

Re: Declining all offers

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.