Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2013/09/19 20:20:25 UTC

building tika from scratch without pulling 1.5-SNAPSHOT from the repository?

All,
  Is there an easy way to build Tika from scratch without reliance on 1.5-SNAPSHOT in the mvn repository and without building the components in the correct order and then manually loading them into a local mvn repository?
  At the main level, I've been using a simple 'mvn package'

   Thank you.

          Best,

                 Tim

Details below...

  I modified the poi version to beta2 in the pom under parsers.  When I package tika, mvn pulls beta2 from the repository when building parsers, and all is well.

However, when mvn gets to building the xmp module, it pulls beta1, and beta1 is winding up in the tika-app.jar.

  I manually removed beta1 from my local repository and tried to package with -o (offline) and I got the error below.

  It looks like mvn is pulling 1.5-SNAPSHOT from the maven repository and not from the local build.

[INFO] Copying 3 resources
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.poi:poi:jar:3.10-beta1

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.poi -DartifactId=poi -Dversion=3.10-beta1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.poi -DartifactId=poi -Dversion=3.10-beta1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.tika:tika-xmp:bundle:1.5-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.tika:tika-parsers:jar:1.5-SNAPSHOT
        3) org.apache.poi:poi:jar:3.10-beta1

RE: building tika from scratch without pulling 1.5-SNAPSHOT from the repository?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Patience is an option, I guess. :)

Sorry of the non-information for those who know, but I learned that a commit kicks off Jenkins, and it looks like a nightly build in Jenkins makes it into a maven repository (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-162).