Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2016/08/15 19:39:25 UTC

Any way to configure a javascript/html war with deployment-time properties?

I'm using TomEE, but I think this question is Tomcat-specific, if there's any solution at all.

I have a WAR that is a "pure" webapp, with only javascript, css, and html.  The javascript connects to a REST service at a defined host:port.  The host:port is currently hardcoded in a javascript variable.

I really need to be able to configure this host:port at deployment time.  I know how to do this sort of thing with Java apps, but I'm at a loss to see how to do this conveniently for a non-Java war.

How can I rearrange this solution so that I can change the host:port the WAR uses at deployment time?

Re: Any way to configure a javascript/html war with deployment-time properties?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.