Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by daveg0 <ba...@googlemail.com> on 2009/04/03 15:13:26 UTC

Indexing mysteriously stops working

Hi,

We have a problem that occurs intermittently in that the indexes suddenly
stop working and a search will return ALL nodes under a selected root node
rather than selected nodes ie our searches work fine for a month or so and
then without any warning, all queries return ALL nodes.

Are there some diagnostic tools/log settings, log files etc I can look at to
investigate this further or are you aware of similar problems and can make
some suggestions as to where I should focus my attention to sort this out.
It is very difficult to simulate/diagnose as it occurs on our live system
and I don't want to slow that down with excessive logging for a problem that
occurs about once every month,

regards

Dave Gough

Re: Indexing mysteriously stops working

Posted by daveg0 <ba...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Marcel,

>how do you work around this issue? do you have to re-index the
>workspace, or does restarting help?

We have to restart and it is then fixed

regards,

Dave