Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2017/09/05 06:06:27 UTC

Board report

Hi,

It’s time to submit the project’s board report again. This is the last time it’s monthly after that is quarterly. Does anyone want to have a go at putting it together.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Board report

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Greg,

Thanks for the advice. Here is an updated draft:

Draft board report
==============

Mynewt is a real-time operating system for constrained embedded systems like
wearables, lightbulbs, locks and doorbells. It works on a variety of 32-bit
MCUs (microcontrollers), including ARM Cortex-M, RISC-V and MIPS architectures.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

- Talks about Mynewt were given at a couple of conferences to improve
project visibility in the community
- Community work in serval areas including support for Bluetooth Mesh,
Bluetooth 5, LoRa and new boards support
- Coverity scan is now run periodically on Mynewt codebase to improve
overall code quality and reduce bugs

## Health report:

- PMC and committers are active
- Users questions and contributor's pull requests are dealt with in a
timely manner

## PMC changes:

- Currently 19 PMC members
-  Last PMC addition was everyone on 21st June

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 23 committers
- One new committer voted on and accepted since last report - Miguel Arevedo on 9/11/17

## Releases:

- 1.2 was released on  Sep 12 2017

## Mailing list activity:

- Mailing list activity is mainly around new feature descriptions and request for comments,
voting for releases, questions that would be of general interest (e.g. code size increase/trimming)
- Mailing list activity (number of emails, participant count, topics started) increased
compared to previous month.
- Lots of usage Q&A and error clarification on Slack channel - up to 96 users on Slack channel

## JIRA activity:

- Activity similar to last month with similar number of JIRAs raised and closed.
The average number of days taken to resolve issues dropped by a week from July to August.

----------------

Re: Board report

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Board report

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.

Re: Board report

Posted by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi Justin,

[...]

- No new committers added since last report

## Releases:

 - 1.2 was released on  Sep 12 2017

## Mailing list activity:

- Activity a little down on last month (many users receive help in
realtime on Slack)

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon K. Janc