Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Heath Ivie <hi...@AutoAnything.com> on 2016/01/13 00:08:00 UTC

409 Conflict

Hi ,

I am running into an issue where I cannot register new consumers.

The server is consistently return error code 40901: "Consumer cannot subscribe the the specified target because it has already subscribed to other topics".

I am using different groups, different topics and different names but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am using the REST proxy for all of my communication.

I am also letting Kafka select the instance name for me so that it is unique.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Heath

Warning: This e-mail may contain information proprietary to AutoAnything Inc. and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you have received this message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies.

RE: 409 Conflict

Posted by Heath Ivie <hi...@AutoAnything.com>.

Is the consumer registration failing, or the subsequent calls to read from the topic? From the error, it sounds like the latter -- a conflict during registration should generate a 40902 error.

Can you give more info about the sequence of requests that causes the error? The set of commands you gave looks ok at first glance, but since there's only one consumer, it shouldn't be possible for it to generate a
409 (conflict) error.

-Ewen

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Heath Ivie <hi...@autoanything.com> wrote:

> Additional Info:
>
> When I enter the curl commands from the 2.0 document, I get the same error:
> $ curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.kafka.json.v1+json"
>  --data '{"records":[{"value":{"foo":"bar"}}]}' "
> http://10.1.30.48:8082/topics/jsontest"
> $ curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.kafka.v1+json"
> --data
> '{"name": "my_consumer_instance", "format": "json", "auto.offset.reset":
> "smallest"}'   http://10.1.30.48:8082/consumers/my_json_consumer
>  $ curl -X GET -H "Accept: application/vnd.kafka.json.v1+json"
> http://10.1.30.48:8082/consumers/my_json_consumer/instances/my_consume
> r_instance/topics/jsontest
>  $ curl -X DELETE
> http://10.1.30.48:8082/consumers/my_json_consumer/instances/my_consume
> r_instance
>

> http://docs.confluent.io/2.0.0/kafka-rest/docs/intro.html#produce-and-
> consume-json-messages

Ewen

Re: 409 Conflict

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Is the consumer registration failing, or the subsequent calls to read from
the topic? From the error, it sounds like the latter -- a conflict during
registration should generate a 40902 error.

Can you give more info about the sequence of requests that causes the
error? The set of commands you gave looks ok at first glance, but since
there's only one consumer, it shouldn't be possible for it to generate a
409 (conflict) error.

-Ewen

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Heath Ivie <hi...@autoanything.com> wrote:

> Additional Info:
>
> When I enter the curl commands from the 2.0 document, I get the same error:
> $ curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.kafka.json.v1+json"
>  --data '{"records":[{"value":{"foo":"bar"}}]}' "
> http://10.1.30.48:8082/topics/jsontest"
> $ curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.kafka.v1+json"  --data
> '{"name": "my_consumer_instance", "format": "json", "auto.offset.reset":
> "smallest"}'   http://10.1.30.48:8082/consumers/my_json_consumer
>  $ curl -X GET -H "Accept: application/vnd.kafka.json.v1+json"
> http://10.1.30.48:8082/consumers/my_json_consumer/instances/my_consumer_instance/topics/jsontest
>  $ curl -X DELETE
> http://10.1.30.48:8082/consumers/my_json_consumer/instances/my_consumer_instance
>

> http://docs.confluent.io/2.0.0/kafka-rest/docs/intro.html#produce-and-consume-json-messages