Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Br...@REMYAMERIQUE.COM on 2002/09/20 15:08:20 UTC

mindboggling problem with apache 2.0.40 and tomcat 4.1.10

I have apache/tomcat 3.3.1 running on a windows 2000 server.  Everything
works fine.  I need to upgrade to 4.x, so I installed Apache/Tomcat4.1.10
on a windows 2000 pro workstation to test everything before updating the
live server.

All my apps work fine, so I Tomcat 4.1.10 on the server.  Every app except
one works on the server now.  The configurations are identical (except the
host/IP statements) yet after waiting 10 minutes the servlet still doesn't
load.

Any ideas what I should be looking for to make this work?  I've set the
logs to debug level and don't see anything wrong.  Maybe I am missing
something.

If the examples and my other servlets didn't work I would have somthing to
go with.  But I am now at a loss at what I should do.

Re: mindboggling problem with apache 2.0.40 and tomcat 4.1.10

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Brett.REASOR@REMYAMERIQUE.COM wrote:
> I have apache/tomcat 3.3.1 running on a windows 2000 server.  Everything
> works fine.  I need to upgrade to 4.x, so I installed Apache/Tomcat4.1.10
> on a windows 2000 pro workstation to test everything before updating the
> live server.
>
> All my apps work fine, so I Tomcat 4.1.10 on the server.  Every app except
> one works on the server now.  The configurations are identical (except the
> host/IP statements) yet after waiting 10 minutes the servlet still doesn't
> load.
>
> Any ideas what I should be looking for to make this work?  I've set the
> logs to debug level and don't see anything wrong.  Maybe I am missing
> something.
>
> If the examples and my other servlets didn't work I would have somthing to
> go with.  But I am now at a loss at what I should do.

I think you should try posting the error you get (logs, console output,
etc), if any.

Remy