Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ravi kumar <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/14 05:52:26 UTC

maven:reactor problem

  Hi,
           I am Ravikumar. I came to get help form you. That is :
                      I have four projects in my workspace. Three of them have sub projects also.
  I done successfully building the four projects individually with ‘multiproject’ plugin.
  But my goal is:
                     One of the four projects has some web applications. It depends on all the other projects. so, whenever I run the this project.xml it must run the all the neighbor projects and at last this project. That is my gaol.
                      I try with reactor. In this we specified the neighbor projects project.xml in ‘inclued’ attribute in maven:reactor. But it makes error with message ‘A cycle was detected’.  My maven.xml file is:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <project
    xmlns:j="jelly:core"
    xmlns:ant="jelly:ant"
    xmlns:define="jelly:define"
    xmlns:maven="jelly:maven">

      <goal name="ravi"
        description="Clean all JDoppio
           components" prereqs="clean">

            <maven:reactor basedir="D:\workspace"
            includes="**/project.xml,**/**/project.xml"
            goals="clean:clean"
            banner="Cleaning:">
            </maven:reactor>
  </goal>
  </project>

                 First of all I want to know:
  1.      We can solve this problem with maven:reactor.
  2.      If not please give me idea with little more information.
  Could you please give the solution for this? I am waiting for you solution….

  Thanks and Regards,
  Ravikumar.M