Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/07/11 19:57:12 UTC

Test framework code. :-)

Mod_perl has had a test framework for a long time.  That same framework
can easily be used to create regression tests for Apache itself.  I would
like to get that code base into the httpd-test CVS repository.

The problem we have to solve, is that we have to allow all of the current
mod_perl developers to continue to have commit access to that code, and we
would like to remove any chance of code duplication.

To that end, I would suggest the following setup for the httpd-test
repository

httpd-test/test_framework

where test_framework is the test suite to run, currently either the perl
tests, or the flood test by e-built.

Then, using CVS admin files, we can get httpd-test to automatically check
out the Apache_Test directory from the mod_perl module.

Does that sound like a good idea or not?  Does anybody have any other ways
to do this easily?

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: Test framework code. :-)

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com>.
> > I suggest we simply create a new unix group for the test repository and
> > add everyone interested to that group.  I do not want to play games on
> > the CVS module directory side because that will fail as soon as someone
> > without write access to both repositories tries a commit.

I talked to Brian and we decided to just use the apcvs group for the
module, meaning all of the committers can write to it and we control
commit access via the avail file, like the docs projects.  I think that
is safer than adding a bunch of people to the httpd group.

Everyone in httpd, APR, libapreq, and mod_perl can now commit.

....Roy

Re: Test framework code. :-)

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
++1!

Can you take care of this?

Ryan

Re: Test framework code. :-)

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com>.

Re: Test framework code. :-)

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com>.
> To that end, I would suggest the following setup for the httpd-test
> repository
>
> httpd-test/test_framework

BTW, please call it perl_framework, or some witty name for it, since there
will be several test frameworks within this module.  The eBuilt one is
called flood, but we can change that name as well if it conflicts with
something.

....Roy

Re: Test framework code. :-)

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com>.