Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/03/28 20:15:13 UTC

Re: svn commit: r389563 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/documentation: content/xdocs/trunk/embedding.xml content/xdocs/trunk/intermediate.xml content/xdocs/trunk/output.xml content/xdocs/trunk/pdfencryption.xml content/xdocs/trunk/servlets.xml skinconf.xml

I'd be grateful if someone would review my changes here. I'd like to
avoid having bugs in our example code again. Thanks!

On 28.03.2006 20:10:01 jeremias wrote:
> Author: jeremias
> Date: Tue Mar 28 10:10:00 2006
> New Revision: 389563

> Log:
> Adjust documentation to changes in outer API (FopFactory etc.).

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
ASAP, of course. :-) I think we need to update the site. I'll look into
it again tomorrow morning.

Thanks, Simon!

On 29.03.2006 21:56:41 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:15:13PM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > I'd be grateful if someone would review my changes here. I'd like to
> > avoid having bugs in our example code again. Thanks!
>
> I had a quick look at the embedding page. It looks good and very
> extensive. I also see a few things that would require correction,
> e.g. the overview, and in the FOUserAgent example the required output
> stream is missing. When would you like to have corrections? I have no
> time right now.
>
> Regards, Simon
>

> > On 28.03.2006 20:10:01 jeremias wrote:
> > > Author: jeremias
> > > Date: Tue Mar 28 10:10:00 2006
> > > New Revision: 389563

> > > Log:
> > > Adjust documentation to changes in outer API (FopFactory etc.).
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki
> >

> --
> Simon Pepping
> home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 30.03.2006 21:36:51 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 09:24:10AM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > What exactly needs correction in the overview? I've reread it and I
> > don't see any problems there. I've republished the site now and I can
> > easily do so again if there's anything else that should be changed.
>
> I committed a few changes.
>
> I also have a few questions on the output page:
>
> 1. 'Set the OutputStream (out) to the PCLRenderer'. Should this be:
>    'Set the MIME type to MimeConstants.MIME_PCL'?

Yes, I think so.

> 2. 'Note that FOP does not currently support "tagged PDF", PDF/X or
>    PDF/A.' and 'FOP does not currently support several desirable PDF
>    features: XMP metadata'. Should this be updated?

Not yet. I'm still in the process of finishing minimal support for
PDF/A-1b. The support for XMP metadata is also only minimal. I'll update
this section as soon as I'm comfortable with the result.

> 3. Section 'XML (Area Tree XML)': Mention the intermediate format?

Oh yes. Good hint!

> The embedding page is a thorough piece of documentation.

I'll handle the three points above. Thank you, Simon.

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.