Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rathinapriya Nagalingam <rn...@in.ibm.com> on 2009/10/02 17:51:42 UTC

lucene 2.4.1 : document in index but not returned in search

Hi,

I created an index of around 45000 documents. I search using Title and
Abstract field. (Using lucene 2.4.1)
When I look in lukeall, some titles are available in index, but I dont get
them when I search using title as keyword.
I have copied code snapshots below.

Recently we upgraded from lucene 2.0 to 2.4.1 and I am fairly new to
lucene. Please let me know what could be the possible issue.

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(directory, new StandardAnalyzer(),
                                                pCreate,
IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED);

SimpleAnalyzer cjkAnalyzer = new SimpleAnalyzer();
doc.add(new Field(LuceneDocument.TITLE_FIELD, pTitle, Field.Store.YES,
                                Field.Index.ANALYZED_NO_NORMS));

doc.add(new Field(LuceneDocument.ABSTRACT_FIELD, pDescription,
                                Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.
ANALYZED_NO_NORMS));
if (localeStr.equals("zh_CN") || localeStr.equals("ko_KR")) {
        writer.addDocument(doc, cjkAnalyzer);
} else {
        writer.addDocument(doc);
}

While searching the index, I use the analyser as below.

// construct the proper analyzer based on locale
                        if (pLocale.equals("zh_CN") || pLocale.equals(
"ko_KR")) { /* NOI18N */
                                analyzer = new SimpleAnalyzer();
                        } else {
                                analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer();
                        }
                        // analyze the keywords
                        ts = analyzer.tokenStream("abstract",
//$NON-NLS-1$
                                        new StringReader(sb.toString()));
                        tokens = new ArrayList();
                        try {
                                while (true) {
                                        Token token = ts.next();
                                        if (token == null) {
                                                break;
                                        }
                                        tokens.add(token.termText());
                                }
                        } catch (IOException ex) {
                                Logger.logException(Logger.TYPE_ERR, this,
                                                "analyzeKeywords", ex);
//$NON-NLS-1$
                        }

// Loop through the keywords
                                for (int i = 0; i < tokens.length; i++) {
                                        // Each keyword must be queried
against the title and abstract.
                                        BooleanQuery bQuery = new
BooleanQuery();
                                        TermQuery titleTerm = new
TermQuery(
                                                        new Term("title",
tokens[i])); //$NON-NLS-1$
                                        TermQuery abstractTerm = new
TermQuery(new Term(
                                                        "abstract",
tokens[i])); //$NON-NLS-1$
                                        if (keywordStatusListSize > i
                                                        && ((Boolean)
keywordStatusList.get(i)).booleanValue()) {
                                                bQuery.add(titleTerm,
BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);
                                                bQuery.add(abstractTerm,
BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);
                                        } else {
                                                bQuery.add(titleTerm,
BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);
                                                bQuery.add(abstractTerm,
BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);
                                        }
                                        if (flag || ((Boolean)
keywordStatusList.get(i)).booleanValue()) {
                                                keyQuery.add(bQuery,
BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);
                                        } else {
                                                keyQuery.add(bQuery,
BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);
                                        }
                                }

CachingWrapperFilter cf;
Searcher searcher;
HitCollector collector;
................. some assignments...............
searcher.search(keyQuery, cf, collector);

Thanks & Regards,
Priya
PT-7A-012
Residency Road
Bangalore
India
Mob: 99011 22033

Re: lucene 2.4.1 : document in index but not returned in search

Posted by Felipe Lobo <fe...@goshme.com>.
Your are wright! The docs didn't came because the score was 0.
I had to review my boosting rules to fix it.

--
Felipe Lobo
www.jusbrasil.com.br

Re: lucene 2.4.1 : document in index but not returned in search

Posted by Anshum <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Priya,
You are using different analyzers for searching and indexing in case of
CH/KR locales. Could you give the snippet of the doc you are trying to index

Posted by Felipe Lobo <fe...@goshme.com>.
I had similar problem, it was the score of the documents, they were 0, so
they didn't came when i searched!
Check your score docs!

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:12 PM, N Hira <nh...@cognocys.com> wrote:

> Which analyzer do you use in luke?
>
> The general practice is to use the same analyzer for indexing and
> searching.
>
> Good luck.
>
> -h

Felipe Lobo
www.jusbrasil.com.br

Re: lucene 2.4.1 : document in index but not returned in search