Posted to wagon-dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/06/10 06:14:27 UTC

Re: wagon changes was: [vote] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

On 10/06/2008, at 7:40 AM, John Casey wrote:

> I'm not sure about the replacement of the webdav wagon with a whole
> new implementation during beta releases, either, but I don't have a
> specific complaint if there's a compelling reason for it (I'm
> guessing I missed that conversation).

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-wagon-dev/200805.mbox/%3c197E9D0B-A0A1-4199-B136-38D4ADE9FAD1@apache.org%3e

This doesn't affect anyone in this release - they would need to
explicitly update to the new wagon. (Whether to replace the built-in
one for 2.0.10, and even the API itself, is a separate discussion to
this vote).

On 10/06/2008, at 10:01 AM, Brian E. Fox wrote:
> I updated the main branch to include the new wagons and the
> jackrabbit.
> I'm not setup to test much other than http, which seemed to be ok. I
> can
> setup webdav on my apache system tomorrow. I'd like to see how
> jackrabbit works and

Thanks. The branch I forwarded to dev@maven.apache.org has both
changes already in place - are you using that or did you make your own
customisations?

> particularly test that someone can declare the old
> wagon-webdav as an extension and make sure it works.

that was one of my test cases - it'd be good to get a second
verification. It's unfortunately not very practical to integration
test explicitly, but there is an IT that checks an alternate wagon can
be loaded in as an extension.

On 09/06/2008, at 6:06 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> I'll take a look early this week, but I'm concerned about how much
> changed during a beta including API changes and total replacement of
> a provider. We know from experience now whatever testing we've done
> we end up dinging users.

The API changes were all additive (and in Maven, it's not just that
that is a problem, it's anything that changes the provider-api JAR
since all the extensions get bound to the one distributed with Maven).

I think the provider questions are addressed above.

I'm currently stuck with just my vote, so I appreciate those taking a
look.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: wagon changes was: [vote] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
me too.
+1

Emmanuel