Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Patrick <pa...@patoche.org> on 2000/07/29 20:04:54 UTC

Apache::PerlVINC makes Apache segfault

Hi all,

(debian potato)
apache-ssl : 1.3.9.13-2
modperl : 1.21.20000309-1
perl : 5.005
Apache::PerlVINC : 0.01 compiled by myself

As recommended in the guide, i'm trying to use Apache::PerlVINC since
I have 3 virtualhosts, and the same sets of modules for all three (same namespace), in
three separate directories (one production, two developpments).

So I have in httpd.conf

PerlModule  Apache::PerlVINC
PerlINC     /opt/anciens/membres
PerlVersionINC On
PerlFixupHandler Apache::PerlVINC

But as soon as I put these 4 lines, apache doesn't run anymore.
An strace at start-up shows at the end :

stat("/usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux/auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", 0xbffff93c) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/opt/anciens/membres/auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux/auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux/auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/lib/site_perl/auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("./auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/etc/apache-ssl//auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/etc/apache-ssl/lib/perl/auto/Apache/PerlVINC/DESTROY.al", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8)  = 0
munmap(0x403c4000, 22832)               = 0
munmap(0x403ca000, 57308)               = 0
munmap(0x403d8000, 27572)               = 0
munmap(0x403df000, 9864)                = 0
munmap(0x403e4000, 55824)               = 0
munmap(0x403f2000, 9064)                = 0
--- SIGSEGV (Erreur de segmentation) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

It seems not to be happy not to found DESTROY.al, but after that i'm
lost.
What am I doing wrong ? How can I correct ? Is there another
possibility to achieve the same goal ?
(besides running different copies of Apache binded on different ports)

If that's make a difference i'm also using Apache::StatINC

Thanks in advance for your time and your answers.

PS: modperl just rocks, kudos to everyone !

--
Patrick.
Because if life has a meaning, we should already know it.

Re: Apache::PerlVINC makes Apache segfault

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

> [Cc to Stas as the example in the guide is wrong, and Dave explains
> the correct way]
>
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 03:42:18PM -0400, Dave Moore took time to write:
> >
> > duh...now that i've had some more coffee...the line:
> >
> > PerlVersionINC On
> >
> > must come before the PerlINC statement. PerlINC wont store that path
> > unless PerlVersionINC is On.
>
> Ok, that corrected my problem, thanks a lot Dave.

Thanks Patrick. I've udpated the guide. The man page should be corrected
as well.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org

Re: Apache::PerlVINC makes Apache segfault

Posted by Patrick <pa...@patoche.org>.

Posted by Dave Moore <da...@epals.com>.

Posted by Dave Moore <da...@epals.com>.