Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by ALIX LOURME <al...@mpsa.com> on 2014/02/15 17:44:42 UTC

Archiva 1.4-M4 and maven-metadata.xml generation for pluginGroups usage

Hi,

In our company we are using (the great tool !) Archiva, in version 1.4-M4.
We have some internal plugins, the usage by prefix is resolved with "pluginGroups" process defined in maven settings.xml.

After some groupId/artifactId changes on these company plugins, the maven-metadata.xml files have been deleted in plugins directory in our internal repository under archiva, to re-start on a "clean" situation.

After a complete scan/index, I can see maven-metadata.xml of plugins/version are correctly generated (eg : com.company.plugins.myPlugin and com.company.plugins.myPlugin.versionXYY), but NOT in plugins root directory (eg : com.company.plugins).

So the repository directory corresponding to the settings.xml pluginsGroup configuration doesn't have maven-metada.xml containing list of plugins.
It affects Maven 2 (v2.2.1) usage ... because this version is not very transigent when metadata are not exist in this plugin prefix resolution case (compared to maven 3.1).

So my question : Archiva 1.4-M4 is not supposed generate this "intermediary" metadata automatically ? Or a specific configuration or consummer development must be done ?
(I "suppose" this process was ok in Archiva 1.3, some intermediary metadata are always present, generated before version migration).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Best regards.

Alix Lourme

RE: Archiva 1.4-M4 and maven-metadata.xml generation for pluginGroups usage

Posted by ALIX LOURME <al...@mpsa.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Thanks for quick reply. I understand now why files are present in past (Archiva 1.3) ... when plugins have been deployed.

I will correct problem manually and work to a consumer.

Best Regards.
> In our company we are using (the great tool !) Archiva, in version 1.4-M4.
> We have some internal plugins, the usage by prefix is resolved with "pluginGroups" process defined in maven settings.xml.
>
> After some groupId/artifactId changes on these company plugins, the maven-metadata.xml files have been deleted in plugins directory in our internal repository under archiva, to re-start on a "clean" situation.
>
> After a complete scan/index, I can see maven-metadata.xml of plugins/version are correctly generated (eg : com.company.plugins.myPlugin and com.company.plugins.myPlugin.versionXYY), but NOT in plugins root directory (eg : com.company.plugins).
>
> So the repository directory corresponding to the settings.xml pluginsGroup configuration doesn't have maven-metada.xml containing list of plugins.
> It affects Maven 2 (v2.2.1) usage ... because this version is not very transigent when metadata are not exist in this plugin prefix resolution case (compared to maven 3.1).
>
> So my question : Archiva 1.4-M4 is not supposed generate this "intermediary" metadata automatically ? Or a specific configuration or consummer development must be done ?

Those metadata file are generated/uploaded by Maven when you deploy
the plugin (and not by Archiva)
So Archiva is not supposed to do that.
Writing a consummer to repair that sounds a good idea.
For 1.4. and coming 2.0.x see documentation here:
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M4/customising/writing-consumer.html
If the documentation is not complete or clear enough (which can be
possible :-) ), do not hesitate to ask questions.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: Archiva 1.4-M4 and maven-metadata.xml generation for pluginGroups usage

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au