Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/26 11:50:02 UTC

Patch for Fluido 1.1

Hello folks,

finally I would like to commit a patch for the site to use fluido 1.1.

Currently it looks like:
http://code.grobmeier.de/struts-draft-v4

There is some stuff left to do, but now, since I am able to commit
myself, I would like to add this new layout now and modify it step by
step. If the urgent case of a security bugfix comes up, the website
will do the trick, even when there is some minor stuff to be done.

If you agree, I will commit then. If you find urgent things to be
changed now, please let me know.

What I have made different the latest commit is: I have removed the
2.3.1/2.3.1.1 notification as I think only the most recent downloads
should appear on top. Also I have corrected the release date of
2.3.1.2 which is wrong at the moment :-)

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Patch for Fluido 1.1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hey all,

I agree, Maurizios branching suggestion is very good. I never mind SVN
branches after I had lost a whole night of merging with 4 collegs (and
one computer :-)). I will create and commit it to there then.

2012/1/27 Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>:
> 2012/1/26 Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>:
>> BTW, I'm still unsure whether the right announcement wouldn't be good to
>> re-add for our one or two most recent / prominent announcements -
>> especially regarding our latest critical security issues - nothing
>> mentioned on the frontpage, and I doubt people take time to visit the
>> Announcements section as regularly as the frontpage.
>
> It'd be nice to have something like "Important security fix, please read more"

This can be done easily. There are "labels" we can use or a block
message. Look here for examples, if you like:
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Patch for Fluido 1.1

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Patch for Fluido 1.1

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
This design seems to incorporate many good points of the first fluido
draft discussion thread (I could not actively participate due to insane
RL task load), and I like it very much. I think in general it's both
more modern and cleaner in terms of information presentation than the
current site.

Maurizio's approach sound very good - why not branch current site, and
look if we get more feedback and a formal consensus on it?

BTW, I'm still unsure whether the right announcement wouldn't be good to
re-add for our one or two most recent / prominent announcements -
especially regarding our latest critical security issues - nothing
mentioned on the frontpage, and I doubt people take time to visit the
Announcements section as regularly as the frontpage.

And of course - thanks for your efforts, Christian. Good to see this
pushed forward.

- René

On 26.01.12 16:21, Maurizio Cucchiara wrote:
> Although as far as I remember last time we didn't reach the general
> consensus, again I'm for the new layout.
>
> But what about to create a new branch and after, when the site will be in a
> consistent state, start a vote?
>

> Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
> G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921
> Linkedin    :http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauriziocucchiara
>
> Maurizio Cucchiara
>

> On 26 January 2012 11:50, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> finally I would like to commit a patch for the site to use fluido 1.1.
>>
>> Currently it looks like:
>> http://code.grobmeier.de/struts-draft-v4
>>
>> There is some stuff left to do, but now, since I am able to commit
>> myself, I would like to add this new layout now and modify it step by
>> step. If the urgent case of a security bugfix comes up, the website
>> will do the trick, even when there is some minor stuff to be done.
>>
>> If you agree, I will commit then. If you find urgent things to be
>> changed now, please let me know.
>>
>> What I have made different the latest commit is: I have removed the
>> 2.3.1/2.3.1.1 notification as I think only the most recent downloads
>> should appear on top. Also I have corrected the release date of
>> 2.3.1.2 which is wrong at the moment :-)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Christian
>>
>> --
>> http://www.grobmeier.de