Posted to general@attic.apache.org by "EXT-Ashurst, Owen" <ow...@boeing.com> on 2011/01/18 17:46:10 UTC

Crimson License

Good Day,
In support of a long-standing project for our EU, The Commonwealth of Australia, we have a need to review the EULA that would run with you EOL product, Crimson. Would your office be able to provide a .pdf version of that license for my review?

Many thanks in advance for your time and attention,

Owen

Owen F Ashurst
Procurement Analyst
The Boeing Company
Defense, Space and Security
AEW&C Program
Office: 253.657.3656
Owen.Ashurst@boeing.com

Re: Crimson License

Posted by Henri Yandell <he...@yandell.org>.
Here's the license:

 * The Apache Software License, Version 1.1
 *
 *
 * Copyright (c) 2000 The Apache Software Foundation.  All rights
 * reserved.
 *
 * are met:
 *
 *
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
 *    the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
 *    distribution.
 *
 * 3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution,
 *    if any, must include the following acknowledgment:
 *       "This product includes software developed by the
 *        Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/)."
 *    Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software itself,
 *    if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
 *
 * 4. The names "Crimson" and "Apache Software Foundation" must
 *    not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
 *    software without prior written permission. For written
 *    permission, please contact apache@apache.org.
 *
 * 5. Products derived from this software may not be called "Apache",
 *    nor may "Apache" appear in their name, without prior written
 *    permission of the Apache Software Foundation.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
 * WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
 * OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
 * DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE APACHE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION OR
 * ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
 * SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
 * LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
 * USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
 * ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
 * OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
 * OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 * SUCH DAMAGE.
 * ====================================================================
 *
 * This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
 * individuals on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation and was
 * originally based on software copyright (c) 1999, Sun Microsystems, Inc.,
 * http://www.sun.com.  For more information on the Apache Software
 * Foundation, please see <http://www.apache.org/>.

The Apache Software License 1.1 is an OSI approved license, though it
has been superceded by the Apache License 2.0:

    http://www.opensource.org/licenses/apachepl-1.1.php

Looking at the most recent Crimson release (1.1.3), it also contains
the following licensing:

 * Copyright (c) 2000 World Wide Web Consortium,
 * (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Institut National de
 * Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique, Keio University). All
 * Rights Reserved. This program is distributed under the W3C's Software
 * Intellectual Property License. This program is distributed in the
 * hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even
 * the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
 * PURPOSE.
 * See W3C License http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ for more details.

and

// Written by David Megginson, sax@megginson.com
// NO WARRANTY!  This class is in the Public Domain.

Hope that helps,

Hen