Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rick Wood <rw...@siteduck.com> on 2004/12/01 18:16:08 UTC

pdf regenerates sections?

Hi,

I'm using the PDF plugin version 2.2.1, and each time it encounters an item
element in navigation.xml (project/body/menu/item or
project/body/menu/item/item), it seems to be regenerating the entire body
of the enclosing section.

For example, for a simple doc with 2 sections, where the 2nd section has 3
subsections:
- the pdf starts with the whole document, sections 1 and 2 are numbered 1.1
and 1.2.
- this is followed by the fragment that starts at section 1.2 and continues
to the end of the doc. The fragment has the heading for subsection 1.2.1.
- this is followed again by the fragment that starts at section 1.2 and
continues to the end of the doc. The fragment has the heading for
subsection 1.2.2.
- and again by the fragment that starts at section 1.2 and continues to the
end of the doc. The fragment has the heading for subsection 1.2.3.

Here is navigation.xml:

<project name="Project">
   <title>Title</title>
     <links>
     </links>
     <menu name="Getting Started">
       <item name="Overview" href="/index.html"/>
       <item name="Section 1" href="/cs.html">
	<item name="Subsection 1" href="/cs.html#Subsection_1"/>
	<item name="Subsection 2" href="/cs.html#Subsection_2"/>
	<item name="Subsection 3" href="/cs.html#Subsection_3"/>
       </item>
     </menu>
</project>

index.xml has one section tag, cs.xml has a section tag with the three
nested subsection tags.

I looked at project2fo.xslt in the plugin-resources directory, and
commented out the calls to <xsl:apply-templates> at the end of these two
templates:

     <xsl:template match="project/body/menu/item">
     <xsl:template match="project/body/menu/item/item">

This fixed the regenerated text problem, but the subsections did not have
chapter numbers, and the table of contents entries for them lost their page
numbers.

I may well be doing something wrong, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick Wood

RE: pdf regenerates sections?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rick,

Due to several problems, it is actually impossible to reference the same file in different items.
You must define another navigation file which you'll use only with the PDF plug-in. This navigation cannot define several items with
the same href.

Can you add an issue to remind me to document this?

Thx.

Arnaud