Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Left Right <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/31 08:03:39 UTC

FGX Utilities use extended ASCII in source code

Hello,
I'm trying to write an alternative build using SCons and by accident I
discovered that
fxgutils/src/java/com/adobe/internal/fxg/dom/types/BlendMode.java uses
characters that cannot be mapped to Unicode somewhere in the comments:
 * The following was introduced in FXG 2.0 which acts like
blendMode=�layer� except when alpha is 0 or 1, in which case it acts
like blendMode=�normal�
This line, which seems to be copied and pasted all over the place uses
some bad characters around the words layer and normal.

Best.

Oleg

Re: FGX Utilities use extended ASCII in source code

Posted by Left Right <ol...@gmail.com>.
OK then, I'll just put double quotes.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/30/12 11:26 PM, "olegsivokon@gmail.com" <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In other places where equals sign is used the left hand side doesn't
> have any decorations around it. But in other places single quotes
> (apostrophes) are used. Like this:
>
>  * <pre>
>  *   0 = normal
>  *   1 = normal
>  *   2 = layer
>  *   3 = multiply
>  *   4 = screen
>  *   5 = lighten
>  *   6 = darken
>  *   7 = difference
>  *   8 = add
>  *   9 = subtract
>  *  10 = invert
>  *  11 = alpha
>  *  12 = erase
>  *  13 = overlay
>  *  14 = hardlight
>  * </pre>
>
>     /**
>      * The enum representing a 'lighten' blend mode.
>      */
>
> Best.
>
> Oleg

Looks like you want to fix an attribute_name=string_value pattern so I'd
pick quotes of some sort.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: FGX Utilities use extended ASCII in source code

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/30/12 11:17 PM, "olegsivokon@gmail.com" <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You are welcome to file a bug and a patch.
>
> But what should I put instead?
>
> Best.
>
> Oleg
Not sure, maybe double or single quote?  Is there any other equal sign used
in other comments in the code?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: FGX Utilities use extended ASCII in source code

Posted by Left Right <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.