Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Christian Beil <c....@scarus.de> on 2012/08/20 16:58:19 UTC

How can we help?

Hi guys,

We are a company located in Mannheim and Lucene/Solr is core to our business.
Since Mannheim is not very far from Sinsheim, we would like to help.
What's the best way we can do that, where do you need most support?
Looking forward to hear from you.

Christian Beil

Re: How can we help?

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Steve,

Have you seen the wiki page yet? http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim.  You might be able to grab some information from here to post while we await further information from the locals?

Thanks,
~M

________________________________
Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.

Re: How can we help?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: How can we help?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 21 August 2012 14:45, Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Thanks for getting in touch!
>
> @Planners,
>
> Do we need help from locals just now e.g. preparation?

Information about good places to eat/drink etc. that are near the
venue and/org hotels. It would be great if we could provide some hints
and tips for attendees on where to go for a variety of after hours
activities (large group food, small group food, high class food, drink
and chat, party drinking etc. etc.) Also of use would be details about
public transport, airport transfers etc.

Help reaching out  to the Universities would be good.

> Do we need help from locals when the event is on?

Some people to help lead after hours events would be good.

> Are there possible routes for local businesses to promote themselves
> when ACEU is on? If so Christian is this something which you would be
> interested in?

I'm sure Christian will find his way to the sponsors page if he wants
a formal relationship.

> Do we need more information on Mannheim which we could get from Christian?

Not sure - maybe within the requests above.

Ross

Re: How can we help?

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Thanks for getting in touch!

@Planners,

Do we need help from locals just now e.g. preparation?
Do we need help from locals when the event is on?
Are there possible routes for local businesses to promote themselves
when ACEU is on? If so Christian is this something which you would be
interested in?
Do we need more information on Mannheim which we could get from Christian?

Thanks

Lewis

--
Lewis

Re: How can we help?

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Christian Beil <c....@scarus.de> wrote:

> I think we can start with providing more local information ...
> On Monday we'll all sit together about what we can do.

This sounds excellent

> How quickly should information be on the wiki?

At your earliest convenience. Greatly appreciated.

Best
Lewis

Re: Update on local info??...Re: AW: How can we help?

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, Steve and Christian! It's coming along quite nicely; however, there are still some gaps that need filling on the "where to go in Sinsheim" page:  http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim.  Please refer to the page for the areas that are missing.

Can we have anyone else volunteer to help with the local information, please??!!

Thank you so much!!

~Melissa

________________________________
Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.