Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com> on 2013/08/10 02:48:07 UTC

Copy-paste typo in org.apache.solr.highlight.DefaultSolrHighlighter#init

A copy paste typo in  org.apache.solr.highlight.DefaultSolrHighlighter#init:

// Load the formatters
SolrFormatter fmt = solrCore.initPlugins(info.getChildren("formatter"), formatters,SolrFormatter.class,null);
if (fmt == null) fmt = new HtmlFormatter();
formatters.put("", fmt);
formatters.put(null, fmt);

// Load the formatters
SolrEncoder enc = solrCore.initPlugins(info.getChildren("encoder"), encoders,SolrEncoder.class,null);
if (enc == null) enc = new DefaultEncoder();
encoders.put("", enc);
encoders.put(null, enc);

The second comment should be “// Load the encoders”.

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Copy-paste typo in org.apache.solr.highlight.DefaultSolrHighlighter#init

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Not really. If typos are going to require issues... I’ll refrain from reporting them. (How many typo Jiras have you ever seen? Is there even a category for that?)

I’ll certainly file issues for bugs and features, but for typos? No.

If a committer sees a typo, are they required to file an issue to fix it? Oh... yeah... right... they don’t usually correct typos. Oh well.

So, ... never mind.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.