Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Przemek Grzędzielski <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/25 15:18:14 UTC

How Metrics and builtin-metrics work

Hello Storm community,

I'm looking for examples/explanations of the usage of Storm's metrics - are
there any (apart from the piece of general documentation on metrics that is
available, of course ;-) ) that you know of?

I'd also like to learn what kinds of builtin-metrics Storm utilizes. Any
hints concerning the mechanism/code-base/etc. would be of great value!
I realize that this second question might actually also be suitable for the
storm-dev list.

Any hints will be appreciated ;-)
Thx

Przemek

Re: How Metrics and builtin-metrics work

Posted by Danijel Schiavuzzi <da...@schiavuzzi.com>.
If you're referring to the Storm metrics framework, take a look at
the storm-metrics-statsd project on GitHub, which is a simple Storm metric
consumer to Statsd implementation. You can also take a look at Storm's
built-in LoggingMetricsConsumer.

Another suggestions is to search this mailing list's archive (the new one
at Apache and the old one at Google Groups, storm-user and storm-dev) --
lots of useful info is buried here.

Best regards,

Danijel Schiavuzzi
www.schiavuzzi.com