Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rafa Pérez <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/26 21:18:43 UTC

New role

Hi, I have created a new Role named 'redactor' and I want that
redactors can only edit some elements of the document they are
editing. E. g., if a document consists on a navigation bar, some links
and a some news, I want that the redactors were only able to change
the title of the news and the content of those ones. How could I make
it? Is there any way to make it by configuring BXE?

Thanks in advance

Rafa

Re: New role

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Rafa Pérez wrote:

> In the wiki it is told that to make any change on the configuration it
> is necesary to edit the config.xml file from that bxe starts. Well,
> this config file it is in the lenya's tree and therefore, any change
> made in it will be then aplicated to any other publication. Is this
> correct? Is there any way to make bxe load a diferent config file for
> each publication?

yes. the config step of the bxe usecase uses xsl to transform the
generic config to your needs. more at

http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_2_x/components/editors/bxe.html#The+config+step

> Otherwise, to make some parts of the pages uneditables, I read that
> there were 3 ways to make it. If I decide to implement the external
> xhtml method or the xslt method, where should I put the necesary
> files? Do you have any documentation on  context paths?

you can put them wherever you like, and call them from config with a
pipeline.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: New role

Posted by Rafa Pérez <ra...@gmail.com>.
I have read the wiki link and I am still having some questions. The
tree of my lenya installation is the following:

--src

    |-----apache-lenya-1.2.1

    |-----proyectos
           |-----pubs
                  |------new-pub

I have copied the default publication here and have proceeded with
configuration steps without any problem.
In the wiki it is told that to make any change on the configuration it
is necesary to edit the config.xml file from that bxe starts. Well,
this config file it is in the lenya's tree and therefore, any change
made in it will be then aplicated to any other publication. Is this
correct? Is there any way to make bxe load a diferent config file for
each publication?
Otherwise, to make some parts of the pages uneditables, I read that
there were 3 ways to make it. If I decide to implement the external
xhtml method or the xslt method, where should I put the necesary
files? Do you have any documentation on  context paths?

Thanks again,
Rafa

Re: New role

Posted by Rafa Pérez <ra...@gmail.com>.