Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nicol Bolas <jm...@comcast.net> on 2007/05/08 21:04:28 UTC

Fop 0.93 SVG issue

OK, so I've got an SVG file. It has an explicit size (5inx7.77in), which
should be sufficient to fit within the page's margins (8.5x11).

I use the following FO block:

            <fo:block id="d4e16" text-align="center">
                <fo:external-graphic
                    src="url(file:///SVGFile.svg)"
                    width="5in" height="auto" content-width="scale-to-fit"
                    content-height="scale-to-fit"
content-type="content-type:image/svg"
                    text-align="center"/>
            </fo:block>

However, it always comes out clipped with this FO. It's clipped on botht he
bottom and the sides.

Now, if I change the size of the SVG file, without changing anything
internal to it, then I can remove some of the cropping. Except then, the SVG
file flows off the page, because it's too big.

I loaded the SVG up in InkScape to test to see if the drawing size extends
beyond the [i]actual[/i] size, and it does, but not by nearly as much as the
cropping I'm seeing.

What is going wrong here? It looks like it's simply not scaling the SVG down
to fit in the region.

Any ideas? I could send a set of test documents, if you need them.

RE: Fop 0.93 SVG issue

Posted by Nicol Bolas <jm...@comcast.net>.
As I mentioned, it's true that the SVG file draws outside of the specified
extents of the SVG document. However, the clipping I was seeing was greater
than the clipping I would expect from the specified extents of the SVG
document.

When I manually set the SVG file's extents to exactly the size of the
drawing (or more), then it all works correctly.