Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Geoff Gerrietts <ge...@gerrietts.net> on 2003/03/23 03:56:36 UTC

"competitive locking" configuration

I've been trying to figure out how to set up OJB (hopefully using the
ODMG API) for an environment where several distinct applications will
be aiming at the same database.

To my mind, this involves either having no cache, or a pretty shallow
cache. I've spent some time prowling through the docs, but I confess
that I'm a bit confused as to how I should implement this. Should I
just be setting up ObjectCacheEmptyImpl instead of
ObjectCacheDefaultImpl? Is that enough?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "Me and my homies, we tag O.D.."
<geoff at gerrietts net>        --Unknown grafitti artist at a party

Re: "competitive locking" configuration

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.

> Quoting Armin Waibel (armin.waibel@code-au-lait.de):
> > > Should I just be setting up ObjectCacheEmptyImpl instead of
> > > ObjectCacheDefaultImpl? Is that enough?
> >
> > Yes, this should be enough.
> > (And it's recommended to use an database based sequence manager
> > implementation, like SequenceManagerNextValImpl or your
> > own impl.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> I'm not sure I understand the differences between the various sequence
> managers very well. What I know is entirely taken from the
> documentation for repository.xml, and that was not really explicit (or
> maybe "verbose" is the word I'm after) enough to clue me in.
>
> Should I be looking somewhere else, or should I be reading the source
> code?

More info
http://db.apache.org/ojb/sequencemanager.html

if this doesn't help, take a look in the source code of the
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence-package.

regards,
Armin

> Thanks again,
> --G.
>
> --
> Geoff Gerrietts         "He was a great patriot, a humanitarian, a
loyal friend;
> <ge...@gerrietts.net>                  providing, of course, he really
is dead."

                          --Voltaire