Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Steve Cannon <ca...@oven.com> on 2001/08/14 00:36:46 UTC

Xerces in applets

From: Costin Manolache
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 06:18:23 GMT
Has anyone come up with a solution which allows one to use
xerces in an unsigned applet?

-- Steve

To:  xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: TrAX and JAXP pluggability in applets (and servlets)
Message: > I am trying to update the Xalan applet
> (org.apache.xalan.client.XSLTProcessorApplet) to use the TrAX and JAXP
> interfaces without directly accessing the Xalan or Xerces implementations.
> Evidently applets are not allowed to read most system properties, including
> the properties for Transformer and XML Parser implementation. Netscape 4.7
> is especially unforgiving (with its AppletSecurityException
> security.checkpropsaccesskey message). Has anyone figured out how to deal
> with this issue without hardwiring references to the implementation
> classes?

Hi,

I'll look into this - the security exception should be catched and at
least the default used.

The idea is to have jaxp as part of the JDK ( or "standard/trusted" class
path ), but I see no reason why it shouldn't work inside the sandbox.

Costin

--
Steve Cannon cannon@oven.com
Chief Technology Officer -- OVEN