Posted to users@maven.apache.org by stug23 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/30 03:03:16 UTC

Re: Multiple executions of goals under generate-sources: How to avoid?

The approach that I used could be applied for any mojo.

Below is an outline of the basic code I used in the mojo execute() method.

I simply create a new property (generation.finished) that I can check for on
subsequent executions of the mojo:

------------------------------
Object generationFinished =
this.mavenProject.getProperties().get("generation.finished");
boolean generationIsFinished = (generationFinished == null) ? false: true;
if (generationIsFinished) {
   getLog().info("skipping code generation ... source code is up to date");
} else {
   getLog().info("Starting code generation ...");
   ..
   .
   // mark the code generation as complete:
   this.mavenProject.getProperties().put("generation.finished", "true");
}