Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/06 20:12:26 UTC

Jakarta Commons zone?

Any thoughts on our getting a zone to run the Craig's nightly builds on?

Hen

Re: Jakarta Commons zone?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 1/6/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> [snip]
> So, Craig - can you check your scripts into the commons SVN somewhere
> for us to start discussing?

Checked in under "commons-build/nightly-build-script.txt"

Craig

Re: Jakarta Commons zone?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 1/6/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'll pursue the nightly build zone, Hen can pursue the Jakarta zone if
> required for other things, and if we get to the point of doing something
> and need a zone, I'll grant access to the Maven zone which is purely a
> nightly build zone at the moment anyway.
>
> Any thoughts, objections?

+1. Nightly build zone sounds better; wherever infra have the spare cycles.

I won't ask for a Jakarta zone; no other uses for it that I know of currently.

Hen

Re: Jakarta Commons zone?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1 to a Jakarta zone if other projects have a use for it. Other than
nightly builds.

-1 to a zone solely for Jakarta nightly builds, just because recent
discussions on #asfinfra led me to believe it is desirable to move all
nightly/continuous integration builds to a new server that is being
obtained. Apparently Gump and a growing number of Continuum instances
are using a lot of helios' cycles running builds.

That said, given the timing is not nailed down on that, maybe its best
to set up a nightly build zone on helios with a view of getting this and
other projects set up in one place in a way that is easily exported to a
new machine. I'll bring it up on infra@.

I suggest we continue as proposed in this thread from last year that
dropped off the map:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200508.mbox/%3Cf8b39ace050828234321dd205d@mail.gmail.com%3E

So, Craig - can you check your scripts into the commons SVN somewhere
for us to start discussing?

I'll pursue the nightly build zone, Hen can pursue the Jakarta zone if
required for other things, and if we get to the point of doing something
and need a zone, I'll grant access to the Maven zone which is purely a
nightly build zone at the moment anyway.

Any thoughts, objections?

- Brett

Re: Jakarta Commons zone?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Jakarta Commons zone?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 1/6/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any thoughts on our getting a zone to run the Craig's nightly builds on?

+1

I'll be glad to help get it set up ... that way others besides me can pitch
in if there are difficulties.

Hen

Craig