Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2003/01/13 21:53:48 UTC

Perl And Tomcat

Hello,
I have been beating my head on a wall all afternoon, trying to get Perl to work with Tomcat.

I can call up the CGIServlet, and it shows that the tomcat side is working. The problem is in the fact that I cannot seem to get a perl cgi to run.

Has anyone out there ever ran perl on Tomcat? If so does one need to call the script as param input?

Any ideas, help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Re: Perl And Tomcat

Posted by Charles Baker <ra...@yahoo.com>.
--- Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been beating my head on a wall all afternoon,
> trying to get Perl to work with Tomcat.
>
> I can call up the CGIServlet, and it shows that the
> tomcat side is working. The problem is in the fact
> that I cannot seem to get a perl cgi to run.
>
> Has anyone out there ever ran perl on Tomcat? If so
> does one need to call the script as param input?
>
> Any ideas, help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

I'm curious as to why you want to do it? Why use a
Java app server to call a PERL script even if it can?
Why not just use Apache httpd? These questions are
just for my personal edification, and aren't meant to
be disparaging.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/
If you cannot in the long run tell everyone what you have been doing,
your doing was worthless. -- Edwim Schrodinger